Friday, April 3, 2009

Defining Self

Honestly I thought I new who I was before, well kind of anyway. I defined myself mostly by what I did for a living and my life experiences (mostly the bad ones). Losing the "what I do for a living" and having a shift in thought about life experiences (from the I am a survivor to I have survived x kind of thing) leaves me feeling even more unknown to myself. I always used to say that at my age I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, I've never found an answer to that one. My wish to define myself is about strength. I don't want to put myself in a defined box. I want to stand strong in knowing who I am at the core, what is important to me, and what I am willing to do for what is important. I know that with age and life experience those "definitions" can change but knowing what the foundation is or is not is what I think would help me. With my health challenges I feel like I do not have a good foundation and that makes it even harder to fight the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment