Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MS 1/7/09 Blog about being authentic

I used to think of myself as a liar and a total fraud. I thought that I had to share every finite detail in order to be real and authentic. To ask me how I was in passing (to me) meant that I was a liar when I didn't answer the under the mask truth. I lived too much with the belief that no one really wanted to know the real answer, this from messages that were literally pounded in to me and from making the wrong choices about who to share with. Sometimes people do just want to here "I'm fine, thank you." lol
One of the best things my therapist has ever pointed out was that it is ok to be selective who one chooses (and it is a choice) to share with. You can be authentic without details. I have been choosing to share in an effort to acknowledge those details, in a strange way, even to myself. A lot of what I have shared here on my blog has never been said outloud and I feel it must be so that I can move on to a healthier "Me V 2.0"
Thanks, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment