A friend of mine came to me the other day with a confession. She had lied to me. She explained why she lied. She asked for forgiveness.
She could have kept lying but instead she chose to be a big girl with her big girl panties on and took the risk that I might end our friendship over it. I have a lot of respect for her for doing that.
I didn’t hesitate. I didn’t even feel like forgiveness was the right word. It was more that I accepted her apology because she needed that from me. I was mostly sad that she felt the need to lie.
The lie was something minor in my world and it does not change who I think she is at her core. I am choosing to trust that belief.
What if I am wrong? Well, then that will play itself out and I will have to make another decision.
What if I am right? Then I will continue to have a special lady in my life who knows what friendship, trust, forgiveness, and consequences mean.
Either way, she has given me the opportunity to prove that I know what friendship, trust, forgiveness, and consequences means too.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment