Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Medical and doctor stuff

This was way too long for a status update and FB won't let me post it as a note there so here I am.

My primary doctor has me making appts with two specialists. One is a breast specialist and one is a Neurologist. She wants to confirm that there is nothing to worry about with the breast specialist and probably go ahead and do another mammogram as it’s been a couple of years since the last one.

As far as the Neurologist, she wants me to get all kinds of neurological testing to see if anything might help explain some of my chronic health issues. She feels strongly that some of the trauma I’ve survived could help explain a lot of things. She also wants me to get another opinion about the Narcolepsy diagnosis. Unfortunately, that means more studies which I am not looking forward to doing.

The new antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication is helping so I am mentally much better. The bad news is that it might be giving me high blood pressure, a known possible side effect of this drug. Normally my blood pressure is great. If the drug was not helping we would change it but for now she is adding a blood pressure medication to the mix. She is also rechecking my thyroid levels. She says that the thyroid can cause blood pressure issues, too.

The call I missed yesterday was to tell me that my thyroid is still out of whack, so there’s been changes to meds, again.

Thanks for asking and caring. Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment